Gas Safe is the official list of gas engineers who are registered to work safely and legally on boilers, cookers, fires and all other gas appliances.
The Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey, appointed by the relevant Health and Safety Authority for each area. By law all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register.
Gas Safe Register replaced CORGI as the gas registration body in Great Britain and Isle of Man on 1 April 2009 and Northern Ireland and Guernsey on 1 April 2010.
What does Gas Safe Register do?
The main focus of the Register is on improving and maintaining gas safety to the highest standards. We make sure all gas engineers on the Register, over 125,000, are qualified to work with gas.
We work to protect the public from unsafe gas work through;
- a dedicated national investigations team tracking down individuals working illegally
- regular inspections of Gas Safe registered engineers
- educating consumers and raising awareness of gas safety
- investigating reports of unsafe gas work
- Gas Safe Register is here to help keep you and your family safe.
GasMasters is registered with Gas Safe, our registration number is 230647
You can find out more about the Gas Safe register by visiting their website at www.gassaferegister.co.uk